Wednesday 20 February 2008



An example of some panoramic shots a I created in photoshop CS3 in Panorama Picture
Panoramic shots are very visually pleasing as landscape photography for it is not physically possible to see so much in one view with the naked eye. Thus, through photography one is able to see the true world in which we live as a vast area can be viewed and deconstructed
Step one. Set up the tripod and set the camera to the right aperture and shutter speed.
Step two. Take a series of photos by moving the tripod slowly around - it must not be moved too fast or this would create a gap. If one of the shots is underexposed or overexposed it is best to change the shutter speed rather than the aperture as when the aperture is changed, so is the depth of field and this may make one photo look completely different when this is not the effect desired.
Once taken, use photoshop under the file "Photomerge" and this will render all the photographs into one
Improvements.
In this photograph one may spot my shadow and that of the tripod and this could have been avoided if I had been more careful in the positioning of myself and my equipment.
I used an 18ml wide angled lens when I should have used a fish eye lens to create a better effect.
I did use a fish eye a day later but I should have produced a landscape shot rather than a portrait one as this would have been more effective.
I could have used a higher aperture to get a better depth of field maybe up to 32 but this could have caused problems of exposure.

No comments: